Monday, January 25, 2010

Best Wednesday Ever: 1/20/2010

I'm a little bit late this week. I would apologize to you loyal reader, but I don't think there is anyone to apologize TO. So lets look at what was awesome this week...


Blackest Night: The Flash #2
Another example of the brilliance of Geoff Johns, the second issue of Blackest Night: Flash is a fast, and extremely fun ride. Similar to his previous run on the title, this miniseries has a unique voice, but at the same time feels like the only way a Flash comic SHOULD be written. This issue has made Barry Allen the most realistic, and my favorite of the new Guardians so far. Also, Blackest Night: Flash has achieved what only a select few of these tie-ins have:  it lives on its own, as a very well written comic, but also provides a unique perspective to the events of the main series. If this is a primer for the new Flash series written by Johns, then definitely sign me up. 




Green Lantern Corps #44 
Don't. F&*K. With. Mogo.
I loved seeing the planet-sized GL not only socialize, but kick ass and take names. The only question I have now is: where the hell was the big guy during the Sinestro Corps War? Still...this makes me wonder what purpose the Guardians really had for Mogo, and what might be in store in the future.


Starman #81
I never read Starman, but I've always heard it was good. Still, I enjoyed the issue, and was especially taken aback by the rich and wonderful artwork. Fernando Dagnino is an artist that I would definitely seek out, and I hope he can get into a more regular assignment. Maybe a bat-family book?

No comments:

Post a Comment